Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tropical Myst

Clicking on the image will enlarge to full view.

Supplies
1 tube of choice - I’m using the wonderful artwork of Dave Nestler which you can purchase here.
Font of Choice - I used Dragonfly here
Insatiable Dreams Mask 177 here
“Myst” is a PTU tagger size scrap kit created by Aiya of Juicy Bits and can be purchased at Twilight Scraps. You can visit Aiya’s blog here.

This tutorial was written assuming you have a working knowledge of PSP.

~♥~ Let’s get started ~♥~

Living in Florida I can’t resist any tropical themed tags.
This one is quick and easy with great results.

Open up a 700 X 700 blank canvas.
Flood fill white.

Copy and paste Frame 1 as a new layer.
Resize 80%
Use your Magic Wand and click inside the frame - be sure to click within the plant also so you won’t have “holes” in your paper.
New Raster layer below the frame.
Selections/Modify/Expand by 6.
Copy and paste a paper of choice Into Selection.
Deselect.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.

Add your embellishments. I used:
Flower 1: Resize 70%
Flower 2: Resize 40%
Butterfly 1 & 4: Resize 40% Free rotate 30 degrees
Fan 2

Highlight your white background.
Select All.
Copy and paste a paper of choice Into Selection.
Deselect.
Apply the mask.
Resize 85%
Merge Group.

Add your copyrights.

Add your name.
Give it a slight inner bevel:


Crop your image.

Resize all layers 90%.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
I’d love to see your results and show it off in my gallery.
Email me!
Hugs,
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment